Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Smsing Whisperer

Scene: Smsing through airwaves/radio/cyberspace/infrared signal?

Characters: ZR is the lynchpin. All other characters are in communication with ZR but are unknown to one another. Any resemblance to actual persons is purely poetic and to truth, coincidentally coincidental.

ZR: Pampering, after achieving, is a good strategy,
But, if indulged in, will turn you into a softie,
Physically, mentally and spiritually;
Neither a slob, nor flabby be,
Better be hard, mean and lean,
Sinewy, synapsy, soul squeaky clean;
So put on the running shoes,
Put word to verse, pen to use,
See the weather in a bead of water,
The world in a clump of sand
Then sit back and wonder,
Is not the First Source close at hand.


To be able to smooth out the bumps and potholes of life,
Essence of existence
To have a purpose in life, one must love;
To love, one must have discipline.

Nee: ??? Apa tu? Salah hantar ke?

Ruby: You send me 38 smses.
I'll only reply to the 38th.
Then you can have teh tarik.
With me. Nothing comes cheap, lor!
Not my time, but as in my name.

Rus: I'm on the road from Kemaman to Kapar.
Catch up with you later, Papa.

Roby: Deeply stimulating words,
Mostly saintly, but some are absurd.

Pady: I couldn't agree with you more!
Your ideas flow, your words score.

ZR: Today I was goaded,
The provos to be loaded
With ammo to surge forward.


Pady: Who provoked you, pray tell?

Zr: My agent provocateur
Is always generic,
Never specific,
Whatya fink?

Hani: Haha, very funny!

ZR: Trust you, Hani!
You only one to see the sunny.
One was moved to tears;
Another was unmoved;
Number 4 nodded approval;
Five will reset her time table;
Six set to rearrange her priorities;
Seven wanted to know more possibilities;
Eight changed the subject,
Nine didn't bother to contact,
Not even to yell - go to hell.

Anis: Changed the subject ...
That's me, right?
Were I really like that?

Zr: Nolah, you were driving on your way someplace,
Mana ada konsentrasi nak sembang deep-deep.
I know you are not a superficial gal
Incapable of wading into a subject deeper than your ankle.
Or talk like Tarzan -
Briefer than his jungle brief.
Or Eve with her fig leaf,
Now I know how Jane must have grieved.

Anis: Mm.

ZR: Today a new art form is born
But between art and you
My heart is torn
For you were not there
To tamper the tempest
To pamper before the Pampers
To sooth the pain in the gain
To hear the cry in the netherness
To witness that Art R Us.

No comments: