Friday, July 23, 2010

Good Day To Die

I

T'day is a good day to die,
Y'terday would have been okay too,
But I stepped through the day
Without passing away;
If I don't die today,
Maybe I'll die t'morrow,
If t'morrow never come,
Then maybe I'll never cease
To exist but quietly
Make my exit
From this body transit
To the place of peace.

II

There I want to range the ocean like a whale,
Lurk among the sea anemone like a clown fish,
Soar over the coast like an eagle,
Gambol in the shallows like an otter,
Frolic on a rocky slope like a serow,
Lope the steppe like a wolf;
And like them sleep
With the stars as my roof,
With nature at ease,
With nurture at peace.

Not enamored with the scriptural
Mansion and maiden lure?
Naw, because it is a denial
Of Nature and my nurture
Wherein I feel one with the wolf
Who has no need for a mansion
And other possessions;
Maidens? Are people I'd meet
In my frolics and not keepsakes
To fill the mansion.
It is an appeal to the skeleton
In the basement, Mr Priestman,
But a suck to the spirit in my attic.
Take it to the the flock,
See if they buy your stock -
Happy evangelizing, Padre.

No comments: