Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mitsubishi Triton: A Thirty Year Dalliance

More than thirty years ago,
I saw my first pickup truck,
The Toyota Hilux Single Cab,
Powering past on a road sans tar,
Against a padi landscape far,
On the east coast of the Peninsula;
That's it, enthused I,
This would be my dream car;
Till today I still haven't got da,
Since that first sighting,
My heart flitted on the Isuzu,
The Pajero, the Ford Ranger,
The Mitsubishi Storm,
The Toyota Hilux Double Cab,
The Land Rover Defender,
In the thirty year span;
But still I baulked,
At getting a pickup truck,
Single or Double Cab;
Oh, I bought one car after
Another in that three score years,
But not a pickup truck;
Last week, mid-December 2006,
At the Eon Mitsubishi showroom
In Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu,
I took the new Mitsubishi Triton
For a spin,
That's it, resolved I,
Come the new year,
I'll get myself a pickup truck,
After a thirty year dalliance.

1 comment:

Nazlina said...

I saw my first crew cab pick-up in Phuket in 1996 on holiday and I was sold. Since then on, I wanted that car :)

Then I bought that dream car, had a lot of fun with it. In the end I sold it after 6 years -- realizing it was weighing me down with its many demands.

Having a 4x4 is like owning a yacht. The day you bought it and the day you sold it would be your happiest days.