Saturday, April 08, 2006

Hustle in the Haiku

This is my first attempt to write a poem in haiku form.

In my attempt to write to a form, I am not tied to it, thus it may sound, resemble, but does not necessarily conform strictly to the original form.

Ditto with this atempt to write my first haiku. The idea occurred to me in the early hours while still in bed, having awakened earlier from lucid dreams. The words and form were already in my head before I wrote it down. The others came as they were written.

Here it is:

Chinese medicine shop:
A drawerful
Of bird's nests
In a nest
Of drawers.

Another:

Unlike
the first,
This one
is written
from blank;
Also,
it doesn't
seem to be
saying anything;
It is empty,
blank.
So many
words
expended on
nothing;
Just making
an appearance;
Much as
in life.
Don't you
think?

III

Wow
That was
One
Long
Haiku
Lookalike
Maybe
it could be
called
Haikulong
is a long haiku

No comments: